Thursday, May 04, 2006

Orkutting

I never knew there was something called orkut sometime back and one fine day found an invite in my box. Was send by one of one of my friend . I simply ignored first time, but i was people were compellin me to join .The first thing which came up my mind was " What's the big deal about it ? huh " . After that some weeks passed by and when i was bored at office just thought of givin myself a try with this so called "ORKUT". The first impression which orkut gave me was not too pleasing for me(may b coz of their simple interface). But slowly i explored some great communities,digged up some of my old school/office/college friends and i realized it's quite fun and y ppl r crazy abt Orkutting.Looks like Google had taken a pretty good initiative from there end in bringing people closer( thanks to Yahoo for their stiff competetion).Now i make sure that i drop into orkut on a daily basis and see if any new entry found a place in my scrap.Projecting more,i check my orkut first, the moment i land up in office and then go ahead with project work.Anyways google succeeded in takin quite a bit of my time from it's rival product(Y! Messenger) and channalize into their baby, Orkut.Got to see if this is true with anyone else out there ? I am sure to see some raised hands in this vast crowd ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya its totally true...its great.. i found so many long lost friends of mine...and its very addictive

Anonymous said...

Orkut is amazing, I found one of my best friend in school after 11 years thro' orkut. But, there some disadvantages too, coz its too open...and at times for girls especially insecure to put too much info. in it....

Anonymous said...

orkut is a gr8 place , i did find so many friendds of mine who i knew from class 3 ! :P Kinda freaky wen u find out that sumone just sent u a scrap...and mite even be ur neighbour!!!!

Anonymous said...

orkut is a gr8 place , i did find so many friendds of mine who i knew from class 3 ! :P Kinda freaky wen u find out that sumone just sent u a scrap...and mite even be ur neighbour!!!!

Soorya said...

I was addicted to orkut as well...but things have changed a little now.I did a search for "bored of orkutting" and couldn't find a community :-) so created one for myself!! check it out ;-)

Soorya said...

I was addicted to orkut as well...but things have changed a little now.I did a search for "bored of orkutting" and couldn't find a community :-) so created one for myself!! check it out ;-)